Reviewed in the United States on April 5, 2018
I bought every single book in this series,so this review is for the series, not just this beginning book.
But, well done to the author. He portrayed such a strong, kick ass character, that I have read every single book multiple times. The story line is believable, Jet is a wonderful character that is tough, yet still feminine. She makes you want to see what she's up too next, makes you hurry to turn the page. Then of course, quick, buy the next book. So, kudos to the author again. I usually will NOT want to read any books that are in a series, of course I always seem to give in. But, if I do, I won't buy any of the books, I'll just read the first "free" one. Needing to know how this series progressed made me pay out for TEN BOOKS!! And worth every penny.
A huge pet peeve of mine is knowing the outcome to the story line before reading it. I want a story to surprise me, make me guess and then to even guess wrong!! So, I wont give away any part of the story line, but the one obvious part, dealing with David and the baby, seen that one coming from a mile away. There were SO many different avenues to take there, it was just so blatantly obvious what happened, and for her to be unaware of the events, kind of unbelievable, considering her training. It would've been first and foremost on her mind.
Most of the books will keep you guessing and coming back for more. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for other books from this author.
20 people found this helpful