August 20, 2018
I so enjoy this series! This is the first book of Fortune’s life in Sinful now that she no longer is a CIA operative, so it is a way for the author to transition Fortune into her new life. While I enjoyed this book, it isn’t quite as good as some of the others. But that’s okay with me because we needed a “bridge” book. Now that Fortune has her PI license, Ms Deleon can move Fortune’s life forward so that she, Ida May and Gertie can continue solving crimes. I do agree that Gertie’s disasters need to be tempered with her also being more of an asset. After all, she also served with Ida May and Marge in Vietnam so she isn’t a complete screw-up. Hope we see more of Big and Little in the future. I also like the relationship Fortune has with Carter. She stands her ground with him all the while recognizing that he is a very capable law enforcement official. And I am SO grateful that we are not subjected to pages of female relationship insecurities and stupidity when dealing with a boyfriend who also happens to be law enforcement like so many of the current crop of “cozy” mysteries. So many of these new series claim to be the next Stephanie Plum, but none of them come close. This series does - and more! Please keep writing Miss Fortune books!
5 people found this helpful