Reviewed in the United States on December 6, 2015
This is a very well-written, interesting and original novel that really surprised me. I am glad that I received a free copy of it in exchange for my honest opinion.
The plot revolves around four main characters and their lives. It sounds simple, but the author creates the world they live in as some sort of combination between our, real world, and dystopian future. It is imaginative and disturbing at the same time. The connections with the present situation in our world and the commentary are sometimes too obvious, but that is just my taste.
This is a long book, but I read it fairly quickly. That is down to the writing style, the author uses mostly dialogues to advance the plot and flesh out characters, there are few descriptions and monologues compared to the rapid dialogue. Because of that, it became tiring at some places for me, it felt like I can't catch a breath and just savor the plot and characters, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, the book is definitely not boring and it is very dynamic and eventful.
I recommend this novel, it is an ambitious story and you will certainly care for the characters and what happens to them. Five stars from me.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink