Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2014
If you are considering self-publishing on Createspace and/or KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) you need to get this book. In fact, there is more information in here than most of us will ever need. The author presents extremely detailed step-by-step instructions for each phase of the creation process. He also continuously updates his information. My copy was the sixth edition and I notice that he has taken some of his early reviews to heart and made the recommended changes and additions. For instance, many early reviews complained about the lack of an index ... he added that in his fifth edition.

My one criticism is niggling. I bought the paperback version and I wish he hadn't included a border on every page. I found it to be unnecessary and distracting, but more to the point, the borders took up space in the margins where I would normally make notes. If he wanted to demonstrate what a border looked like, one page would have been sufficient. And speaking of margins, I would have like to see the outside margins a bit wider to make note-taking easier. (I can understand why he didn't -- it would just add more pages to the book).

In any event, I agonized as to whether to give this four or five stars. If I could give four-and-a-half, I would. But after thinking it over for a while I had to settle on four. The borders were just too distracting for my tastes.
5 people found this helpful