Reviewed in the United States on July 14, 2019
I bought a rather elaborate wireless microphone system -- the kind with a single receiver and two transmitters that you could plug a lapel microphone into.

Though the kit I bought came with its own mic, I just happened to read the raving reviews about this one from Sony. I decided that perhaps I would purchase and use these instead of the ones that came with the microphone kit.

These are basically condenser microphones, which means they will pick up a lot more ambient noise than dynamic ones. I really should have taken that into consideration when I used them for a two-man interview this past week.

The microphones basically picked up a lot of ambient noise during the interview. In the end, I had to use a noise filter when editing my video to take out that excess sonance.

Perhaps this mic did exactly what it was designed to do. However, for the use of interview purposes, I think a microphone that concentrates more on a person's voice rather than the ambient noise in the room would be a better choice.
review imagereview image