Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2018
What a great set of headphone. I own a couple pairs of the Cowin E7 headphones (two different colors). When I saw there was an upgrade called SE7, I had to get a pair and see if they were really "NEW AND IMPROVED". I am pleased to say that the SE7 live up to the hype.

Appearance, fit and comfort - Cowin has made internal changes in the past. WIth the SE7's have a new, more compact look and feel. I find that the SE7 and E7 are both equality comfortable when it comes to padding. The SE7 seem to be a bit tighter fitting but that could simply be because the earpieces tilt in more than the E7. I have had the E7 slide a bit on my when leaning over working in the yard - nothing big but needs the occasional adjustment. The SE7 do not shift around at all. Physically, the SE7 seem a bit sturdier - but that could simply be an impression. My E7 has taken a good deal of abuse and have not had a single problem.

Sound quality - I was completely satisfied with the sound quality of the E7. I tend to be audiobook listener with the occasional switch to music. I was VERY surprised to see a sound improvement with the SE7. I am not an audiophile, but it does seem that the sound is a bit richer and deeper.

MIC function - I haven't had a chance to use the mic function yet. I don't often use the mic with this style of headset.

Active Noise Cancelling - The active noise canceling is amazing on both the E7 and SE7. When both work so well, it is hard to pick which is "better". I can run a backpack blower and easily hear the soft sounds without cranking up the volume.

Battery Life - I have been using these SE7 for more than a week and have yet to charge. Kind of hard to critique if you can't find the end of the battery life.

So which is better- that is really hard to say. I would have been 100% satisfied using my E7 for a long time and would have never missed the sound and comfort improvements. Now that I have them in the SE7, I will use the E7 as backups only. Which should you buy - you can't go wrong with either one. It will come down to your budget and style preference.
345 people found this helpful