I have a 8 year old C-H compressor that has been leaking for the past 4 years. I finally decided to do something about it. After removing and replacing all connections and using yellow Teflon tape (gas tape), I still had a slight leak. I finally discovered that somehow the threads in the regulator were partially damaged. This was a very inexpensive and quick fix and the best part is that the cost was about half of what other regulators were listed for. I merely removed the plug to put it on the other side and then installed. The gauge has to go on last in order to spin the regulator on. I'm sure anyone who buys this item will be happy with the results.