Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One New Moto G6 64 GB | $299.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry nav_sap_shop_all_gurus_scdc TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 4, 2014
I was a little hesitant to order this based on some of the reviews, and the price. However, when this came up in a "Today's Deals," I decided to go ahead and risk ordering it, and I'm very glad I did.
Pros:
1. For a trash can, it looks great. I have all black and stainless steel appliances, so this thing fits right in.
2. I love having the lid open by itself, especially when my hands are full. I've had experience with trash cans that have foot pedals, and sometimes one has to give the pedal a pretty good stomp to get the thing opened.
3. The odd size doesn't allow for one to get garbage bags that fit it perfectly, but a 30 gallon bag does just fine. Some of the bag hangs over the sides, but that doesn't bother me

Cons:
1. While the lid works great most of the time. it's very, very sensitive. Sometimes, when we get anywhere near the thing, it opens up when we don't want it to. Every once in awhile, I have to wave my hand over the sensor a few times before it opens, but that doesn't happen very often.
2. Also, I wish this had been made for an AC adapter as an alternate power source. For this much money, it should have been. However, as long as the batteries last for a decent period of time, that isn't a major concern. I'm really curious as to how long the batteries are going to last, especially when we use it several times a day, every day. When they finally die on us, I'll update.

Overall, I'm very happy with this product, and highly recommend it.

***UPDATE 6/4/2014***

I said I'd update when the batteries died, and yesterday, after four months of use, we had to change batteries. I would say that we're moderate to heavy users of this trash can, so having to change the batteries after four months isn't an issue. I still love this trash can, and am happy that I was able to get it.

***UPDATE 1/9/2015***

Last month, the lid stopped working. It wouldn't even lift when I pushed the button. I contacted Nine Stars customer service, and they said to take the batteries out, clean off the sensor, and wait 24 hours. I did that, and it worked well for one whole day. They told me that, if it was still under warranty, I could send it to them for repair or replacement.

I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to go to the trouble and expense of sending the lid back. I don't know how much it will cost, but if it's too much, I'll just put up with raising it manually. For what this thing cost, that lid should last for years, not less than a year. It was great while it was working, though.
5 people found this helpful