October 28, 2017
I was recommended to take Florastor after dealing with never ending Candida overgrowth issues, IBS and a digestive system that just doesn't work properly. I have used several brands of pro biotics in the past and they just never made things better or made things worse.
Floraster is a type of yeast that is said to crowd out the bad guys. After starting it I did notice a huge improvement over night. My digestive system was working more normal then it has in quite some time. I had more solid stools, could feel my digestive system actually working instead of just sitting at a stand still and the cramps from IBS were gone.
The pills are on the larger side, but easy to swallow. One thing with this type of probiotic is you have to keep taking it long term. It's out of your system in just a couple of days and if stopped the symptoms might come back. I do wonder if taking it long term will get your body to become used to it and they won't work anymore. You are to avoid certain foods when taking it that can kill off the yeast. There is a booklet inside that cover all of that.
It does not need to be put in the fridge and unlike other brands that say you can put them in the fridge Florastor says not to. It should be kept below 77 degrees.

The product itself is great and does what it says, however there is one major negative about it and the reason why I gave it 2 stars.
The reason is it contains Titanium Dioxide. Titanium Dioxide is used to make things white....which Florastor pills are white. It's used in some soaps, toothpastes, sunscreen and makeup.
Looking up safety facts there is not one single thing about it being safe. In fact all you can find is how bad it is. It has been linked to cancers, hair loss, skin issues, lung inflammation and damage, DNA changes and immune system function issues. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration of course says it's safe for consumption, but they are also the same ones that allow carcinogens in food that have been proven to cause cancer.
There is no reason why this nasty stuff should be in it. A product that is marketed so much and is pushed by so many GI doctors is only causing more issues.
Once I saw it had Titanium Dioxide I returned it. There are plenty of other saccharomyces boulardii supplements on the market that don't contain it that are just as effective. Florastor is an expensive supplement. You are basically paying for the name.
I don't recommend Florastor simply because of the Titanium Dioxide. Go with another brand of saccharomyces boulardii that doesn't have it.
226 people found this helpful