Reviewed in the United States on June 12, 2017
After being somewhat disappointed with my official $39 Apple Pad Smart Case, I didn't know what I'd get with this $11.99 ESR iPad Smart Case. But the price was right and the reviews pretty good. So I took a chance. The main thing that appealed to me was that the ESR case provides both front and back protection for my 2017 iPad, whereas the Apple version does not.

I received the ESR promptly after ordering, in perfect condition and well packaged. The iPad snapped into the case perfectly and all the buttons worked fine. I was prepared for the "smart" function not to work properly but it worked fine, turning the iPad on and off when the cover was opened and closed. I later added an Anker tempered glass screen protector to the iPad and wondered if the smart function would still work since the screen protector is kind of thick. No worries, the case still closed securely with the smart function intact.

The only negative feature I've encountered is that the case is very slick and slippery. Which makes it slightly harder to hold and pick up off a flat surface. Aside from that, the ESR iPad case is a well-designed top-notch product at a superior price that does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Note: The attached photos show the ESR case next to the Apple case and by itself with the iPad installed. Cheers.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
145 people found this helpful