The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on February 21, 2019
Open the box immediately.

I ordered eight Samsung EVO 4TB drives. Opened one up, it looked good. Then I remove the drive from it's plastic surrounding and flipped it over.... my mouth dropped. Prominently displayed was the lettering: "250GB".

Amazon of course accepted the return. Called them on the phone since this was a batch of 8 of them. I only opened three (all of which had the wrong product inside) but returned all 8 assuming the remaining 5 also had the issue. Couldn't stand to open the rest of them. The whole process of discovery felt so dirty. I mean, that's a 10x price difference! What a racket.

I can only guess but it seems like at some point during the supply chain the drives were swapped. The Samsung seals were unbroken so in order to figure out whether the issue was on Samsung's side or Amazon's side I'd have to remove the Amazon-produced barcode stuck and taped, taped to prevent ink rubbing off, on top of the Samsung label which would have said whether it was 4TB or 250GB. Both EVO boxes look exactly the same. Opted to not further tamper with evidence.
12 people found this helpful