Reviewed in the United States on November 26, 2017
Look, I'm just a basic guy. When I cook something, it has to be fairly simple but I also want it to taste good. Usually it doesn't. While I like to eat "gourmet," I don't have near the patience or interest to cook that way. I have made up a recipe I call a "beef stew chili." I throw in some bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, etc. - you get the idea - and then throw in a couple of pounds of beef stew meat. Usually this recipe comes out with rubbery meat, even it I cook it in a slow cooker. I've tried braising this and sauteing that, but it still comes out rubbery. When I made this recipe in the Yedi, the meat came out amazingly tender - a first for me - and I didn't have to do anything fancy to get it that way. Plus the whole thing tasted great. Another first. I have since tried a couple of other recipes and they came out surprisingly good. Honestly, I can't believe I made them. So, if you are a basic guy like me, you will really appreciate this product. Not a lot of preparation, fast cook time, and not much to clean up.

I bought this particular unit on the strength of the customer reviews and find I agree with the 9 out of 10 customers who rate this product 5 stars. But I did note at the time I made the purchase that it didn't have much in the way of accessories. Now that I've found I truly like this cooker and seem to be using it all the time, I wrote off to the company asking if the various accessories made for the 6 quart Instant Pot would also work with my Yedi. The interesting and impressive thing was that I wrote my inquiry on a Sunday late afternoon and got a reply within an hour from Bobby Djavaheri, Vice-President, Yedi Houseware. This, my friends, is customer service when you have a C-level officer responding to a run of the mill user questions on a Sunday no less. Actually, I was a little shocked. (But happy since he told me that all of the Instant Pot 6 qt. accessories would, in fact, work on the Yedi, so actually we have plenty of accessories to choose from.)

In summary, it appears to me that the product is of high quality and works well. And it appears that the company is responsive and very well managed. The bottom line is that I think I made a good decision in selecting the Yedi for purchase. And as long as my rudimentary recipes keep coming out like they have so far, I will be a happy little camper.
615 people found this helpful