Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2019
This is a fun, older style Mario platformer that offers a fun 2D style gaming experience. In comparison to the newer-style Mario Odyssey I don't enjoy SMBUD quite as much, but I am still glad that I bought it. That said, if it had not been for the ability to play as the Nabbit character on the harder levels I would have absolutely hated the game. At this stage in my life, I don't have the patience or the reflexes for a level that requires you to repeat it over and over and over until you can manage to get clear through all the (sometimes time-restricted) threats and still survive a boss fight at the end with only 3 levels of damage. Younger gamers will probably relish the challenge, but I like that I can customize the level of difficulty to some extent. I've played through all the levels and managed to get all the stars except for a couple in the final bonus area. I've also played through some of the Super Luigi levels, but since the difficulty there is more time based and harder, I doubt that I'll end up playing it very far.
33 people found this helpful