Reviewed in the United States on January 26, 2015
This is the first book I read of the Barefoot Bay Brides Trilogy and I absolutely loved this book. The Native American influence in the story line really spoke to my Cherokee heritage. The author handled Arielle’s spiritual beliefs handed down from her Shaman grandmother in a lovingly expressive way. I wanted to cry when Ari explained how if her grandma were alive she would perform a wedding ceremony. It was so beautiful I wanted to get married again in that manner. This book touched my heart because I had a relationship like this with my grandmother.

This is not a mushy romantic story instead it is a love story of spiritual beliefs, honoring love for oneself, love for her deceased grandmother and why she is waiting for “The One”. It is a book about a man who is damaged, afraid to love and who doesn’t believe in “The One”. But even more exciting is the fact that there is some mystery and intrigue built all through the story making you to want to read the book in one sitting.

The book mentions the couples from the first two books, Willow and Nick and Gussie and Tom. Now I am so excited to learn how those two couples got together that I am heading to read Barefoot in White.

I didn’t read this series in order but it would probably be a good idea just for continuity sake. I would suggest picking up all three. They will be easy reads and a wonderful way to spend a weekend.

Also at the end of the book is an exciting excerpt for her new series spinoff Barefoot Bay Undercover. I really want to read that one and have added it to my books to read list.

I give this 5 STARs and it is great for everyone

A COPY WAS GIFTED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.

To see the full review visit my blog: sportochicksmusings.blogspot .com
0Comment Report abuse Permalink