March 25, 2018
This is a great set! I used all but the largest cube for a 16-day trip to Europe, which I packed for in a carry-on size roller suitcase. I used a capsule wardrobe, but was able to fit quite a lot into each cube:
In the long cube- 4 scarves, 2 bandanas and 3 pairs of boot cuffs
In the extra small- 6 underwear, 1 pair of Lycra shorts, 1 tank top, 1 long-sleeve Lycra top
In the small- 6 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of tights, 1 pair of knit leggings
In the medium- 2 dresses, 1 skirt, 4 blouses
In the large, I was able to fit 1 pair of jeans, 1 jeggings, 3 cardigans and a shirt dress, but I needed to leave space in my suitcase for souvenirs I knew I’d be buying, so I wore the jeans/shirt dress on the plane and rolled the cardigans/jeggings and filled in gaps between the smaller cubes with them. I am 5’6” and just slightly over average weight, so my clothes are NOT tiny ;)
We stayed in 8 different hotels during our travels, which meant a LOT of packing and unpacking! These cubes were sturdy, yet flexible. The zippers glided easily on the top flap. Sometimes when compressing, the zipper would catch the fabric on the side, but only because I stuffed these babies to the max! I found the best way to avoid this was by folding my clothes flat when packing instead of rolling, and pressing down the side fabric with one finger while pulling the compression zipper with the other hand.
I kept my clothes in their respective cubes and put the cubes into the drawers in the hotel room, or just left them in my suitcase, unzipping everything and just moving the flaps over for access.
I had read how packing cubes help keep your items organized, and wow! So true! No more digging around in a messy pile of clothes! The drawstring bag was great for separating my dirty clothes until I could wash them.
I haven’t washed the bags yet, but the instructions are hand wash only and lay out of direct sun to dry.
This set would make a great gift for anyone!
24 people found this helpful