Reviewed in the United States on October 14, 2018
After purchasing this modem it ran good for 4 months it then failed to connect to upstream. called Comcast they sent a tech who tested line and confirmed the line good. after swapping modem with one of theirs it connected almost instantly, so I am renting a Comcast modem till I RMA my dead modem with Netgear. This is where the FUN starts. i go to there website to submit a RMA request. ok step 1 create your ticket check, step 2 call this number, wait what where is the email option or electronic option there is none. ok called number ya number 4th in the queue. wait 50 minutes and finally get a person. now we troubleshoot the modem, I tell him that's already been done, no you have to follow the list fine, look never connects. ok then put on hold for 20 minutes to talk to my supervisor. finally there back i as sorry we don't have any replacement modems in are warehouse. we will call you or email you when we get some in stock. goodbye hangs up. so its been 3 weeks now I sent 2 updates to my ticket and i was told to "Hi, Walter, Good day Please give us 24-48 hours to update you regarding the replacement of your unit. Thank you for your patience. Many thanks, Best regards, Jay Netgear Support" then yesterday I get a email asking me to "Rate your NETGEAR Support Experience" I go back to there website to find my ticket closed and I don't have a RMA replacement for my still under warranty item.
I try to find any way to contest this closing there is non all it says is "This case has already been closed, please log a new support request if you require further help." so I try to open a new RMA ticket for my modem only to find the system will not except my serial number anymore, so it refuses to create a new ticket. so hear I sit screwed with a warranty item I can not get warranty service replacement on, paying for a Comcast rental modem. wile my expensive paper weight just sits there. does anyone know a way around this Netgear system a email or some way to get something done?
17 people found this helpful