The manufacturer commented on the review belowAugust 11, 2018
I needed more SATA III Storage for my 17.3" ASUS ROG Gaming notebook so I purchased the 2TB Samsung 860 Pro SSD to replace my notebooks awesome 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD. Aside from the obvious increase in storage capacity, the 860 Pro is slightly faster then the 850 Pro in almost all performance benchmarks & actual real world storage usage but not by as much as I thought it would be (Must be limited by the legacy SATA III interface) ! See attached photos of benchmark comparisons btw. 860 Pro & 850 Pro. The Samsung 860 Pro has a much higher endurance rating then the Samsung 850 Pro but it's nullified by only having a 5 year Samsung Warranty verses the 850 Pro's 10 year Samsung warranty. Samsung 860 Pro is the best overall SATA III SSD sold & it's a 5 star SSD like it's predecessor despite the high price tag. If I didn't need the additional Storage capacity of the 2TB Samsung 860 Pro SSD it would not have been worth upgrading my 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD b/c it's performance increase alone isn't enough to justify the high cost. However, If you need increased SATA III storage capacity or are upgrading a slow SATA III HDD then the Samsung 860 Pro is the best SATA III SSD in the World.
review imagereview image