Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2017
I am so glad that I purchased this camera. I bought two cameras to replace two Arlos that were constantly eating up batteries and going offline. I have been using the Kamtrons for two weeks now, and can honestly say that they are a huge improvement. The WiFi connection has been stable, and obviously no batteries. Even though both are 720p, the picture on the Kamtron is noticeably clearer. Having a microphone is also a big plus, as is the ability to adjust the view with pan and tilt.

While researching cameras, I sent an e-mail to the seller to ask some questions, and was pleasantly surprised by his prompt and helpful responses. One of the reasons that I ultimately decided to buy the Kamtron was due to the responsiveness of the seller. After purchase, I needed a fair amount of hand holding, and the seller promptly (keeping in mind that he is in a very different time zone), courteously, and patiently answered all of my questions.

I have found that the phone app is the best way to view the cameras. I initially had some trouble viewing video on my laptop, particularly watching recorded video. If viewing on a computer, I discovered that you need to download the PC Client, AND then access the camera by clicking on the shortcut on the screen to launch the computer app. If I tried to access the camera though my internet browser, I was able to see live video but wasn't able to play recorded video. Once I realized that you need to launch the app by clicking on the icon shortcut instead of going to the mipcm.com website through the browser, it worked much better. However, the phone app works better than the computer app. I actually bought myself an Android phone in order to be able to use the phone app.
36 people found this helpful