Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2018
Although I went to the gym at least 5 times a week, I just didn't like the gym environment. After doing some research on rowing machines, I decided on the Concept 2, Model E rower. I am a 72 yr old woman and wanted a machine to address all body parts. According to my daughter who is a personal trainer, this rower is an excellent all around low impact workout machine. I have been using it now for two weeks and am making steady progress to get to my goal of 45 minutes of continuous exercise and have already seen improvement on my weight scale. The machine is very quite while in use and the seat and pull handle function is smooth as silk. The handle bar and seat are made of a hard plastic but I have not found it to be uncomfortable and I like how easy it is to keep clean. The mechanism itself is easy to clean with the instructions provided by the manufacturer. The monitor works great and easy to see while working out. The breakdown for storage is a bit clumsy because there is little to hold onto while taking it apart. We only take ours apart when we are expecting guests as it's in our living room so we can watch TV while working out. The model E sits about 4 - 6 inches higher than the Model D making it easier to get on and off. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to workout at home rather than visiting your local gym. Yes it's a bit pricey but figuring the cost of gasoline, the time it takes to drive to the gym and the monthly gym membership fee, it won't take long for it to pay for itself I couldn't be happier.
3 people found this helpful