Reviewed in the United States on July 11, 2012
As soon as I heard the "be careful what you wish for" premise of this book, I couldn't wait to read it, and it certainly didn't disappoint! DON'T YOU WISH is the story of Annie Nutter, a high school "nobody" who yearns for the charmed life of the popular crowd, then has to deal with the consequences when she is suddenly catapulted into a parallel universe where her real-life mom married the uber-rich 'one that got away,' and Annie is living the life she once envied. Annie finds out that things aren't always what they seem to be -- and when she has a chance to either keep the new life or return to the old one, she has to decide what to do. Complications include a budding romance in her new persona, and some soul searching about not only what she wants and needs, but in which life -- the old or the new -- she is needed the most.

I loved the 'fish out of water' elements of Annie/Ayla (her parallel universe name) fitting into a completely different life, and coming to grips with the fact that her alto ego really is not a very nice person. The characters jump off the page in this fast-paced, fun read.

Overall, I thought the book was delightful and would recommend it to both teens and adults. I bought it on my Kindle yesterday and literally could not put it down until I finished it.
2 people found this helpful