December 26, 2013
This "box" is actually a TIN - and if it had not arrived damaged, it would have been a great gift!

I called Amazon to report the damage, and the first person I spoke to was going to cancel the gift card, as she said that Amazon could not ship just the replacement tin. I told her that I would just go get (at my own time and expense) another gift card holder from our local Target store.

The next day, I get an email so convoluted and strange that I call back to Amazon customer service, and talk to another lady. She says, don't worry - even though it said in the email that we are canceling the gift card, we aren't, and there is no problem, and for your trouble I have given you a little credit on your Amazon account. OK, thanks, Amazon. That was nice.

On Christmas day, the person who received the card tried to use it at Amazon.com, and - yep - Amazon had canceled the card. I checked my credit card online, and sure enough - there is a pending credit for the amount of the gift card from Amazon.

So, now I have someone who has been given a gift card, only to find out that it was canceled, which leaves a bad taste in both his mouth and mine.

Not cool.