Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2019
To begin with, I love Lee Child's writing style and his main character Jack Reacher. I've read all 23 Reacher books. This one does not disappoint. The beginning is a little slow but the ending, as usual, more than makes up for the slower start. Reacher's in New Hampshire tracking down long lost relatives. While this is taking place something weird is happening with two stranded Canadians who are traveling with a heavy suitcase, the contents of which they plan to start a new life with after some type of sale. Drugs? I won't say. As usual Reacher plays detective and Knight in shining armor. The Canadians become captives of sort at motel run by four young guys, one of which has the last name of Reacher. In this regard the story reminds me ever so slightly of the book where Reacher is in Oklahoma in the middle of nowhere ferreting out a snuff video ring. Obviously in this book Jack Reacher has to run into the other distant relative Reacher by the end of the story. I won't same how or detail the type of meeting they have. Let's just say it's classic Reacher. Again, only the somewhat slow beginning disappoints but good enough for 4 1/2 stars from me.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink