September 18, 2016
Agree, don't buy this product.

I purchased 3 Heavy Duty 5lb ABC Fire Extinguishers (another brand) for our home. I wanted to purchase a smaller extinguisher so my children could see it used on a test fire. I thought it would be important for them to feel the pressure of the spray and see that it would really work. I purchased the Kidde FA110 Multi Purpose Fire Extinguisher. I prepared them that it would only spray for about 4-5 seconds and would use the PASS routine on a small fire I created in our yard. The product didn't work. My son pulled the clip just fine. My daughter took aim at the base of the fire and squeezed and nothing happened. She tried a few times before I tried myself. I got one microsecond burst and it was done. Gauge still read full. I saw the look on my children's faces. The trust and confidence I hoped to develop was gone.

I was hoping to demonstrate the usefulness of using a fire extinguisher on a real fire to give them trust and confidence in the event of a real incident. Products like this are counted on to work. Imagine if this was purchased as a primary device and needed to be used in a real situation. What a horror and nightmare that would have been. Again, do not buy this product.
88 people found this helpful