Bought this to replace an older model Oreck that had lasted us many great years. This is nowhere near as great or as well made as the older model. Less than a year after I bought it, I took it to a repair shop to have it unclogged. Unrelated to the clog, the repairman pointed out that the wires coming out of the handle into the electric cord were fraying because it was overheating. I thought the guy was trying to upsell me on a new vacuum so I didn't think much of it until it really did overheat and almost caught on fire. I was vacuuming and heard a loud pop and a flash of light. When I looked at the cord, it was melted in two places. I'm going to contact Oreck directly to see what can be done since this is a relatively expensive vacuum.