Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2018
I was aware that AmazonBasics batteries would not be as durable as more costly batteries and I have used these in various devices over the last year.. However, I did not expect a leak which damaged a remote control blind valued at $1000. The AA battery was one of 36 required to power 3 large Hunter Douglas fabric blinds. Less than 2 weeks after the annual battery replacement, I found that a black liquid was oozing from one of the battery holders, downward onto the blind, visible from both inside and from the patio outside. I removed all 12 batteries which were all dripping the liquid (acid??). We don't know yet if any of this can be professionally cleaned and at what cost. Worse yet, the mess permanently dulled a large granite island nearby while cleaning the batteries and my hands. The Amazon chat representative approved a refund for defective batteries and a $50 policy credit. Conclusion: these are very inexpensive, low to medium quality batteries. Do not use them for any purpose or devices where leaks would be a concern.
review image