Reviewed in the United States on March 18, 2019
We are not real big on watching movies and this largely what this is about so it's use by us is somewhat limited. However, there is a lot here and I'm still exploring. As far as I can tell, there is no way to watch local channels to get local news etc. unless you use an outside antenna and then provide another program that allows selecting either a local chanel or a Roku/Vudu one. I also think that most of the movies etc. are sold or rented not provided free, although there is a lot that is provided free, but even the free stuff comes with annoying advertisements which I consider to be a cost. If you want to purchase a DVR for this stuff, one of the major providers (VioX) charges a substantial fee (like around $250) to sell you the DVR for one year. However, at the end of the first year and every year thereafter, you have to pay a "Software users fee" of about $250 AGAIN. In effect your renting the DVR, not buying it. And any year that you do not pay the "Software users fee" the DVR quits working and can then only function as a boat anchor. I think there are other DVRs available that you can pay for once and it's yours. However, be sure you know exactly what your getting and if there are hidden costs.
4 people found this helpful