The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on November 18, 2019
I had almost one year "10 months" of flawed, failing drive issues. I assumed they were windows 10 issues, etc and tried to fix them, doing firmware upgrades on the drive, as they became available, to no avail. The drive was constantly losing the MBR boot record, causing me to have to reboot the machine three or more times, before it would get me into Windows.
I contacted and sent the drive in to Samsung. Five year warranty, I told myself, as I had to buy a new SSD drive to get my machine up and running, before sending this drive in for service.
Two weeks later, I get the drive back, with a letter saying they updated the firmware.
ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't trust this drive with my data, anymore than I'd trust a wet fart after taco Tuesday.
I'm tempted to just throw it in the trash, for the 10 months worth of headaches it has already given me.
So, I called Samsung... they gave me the "we tested it using our proprietary software and firmware" jazz. The real kicker, was they suggested that I install it in a machine, put an OS on it, and test it for a few weeks, to see if the problems reoccurred. Last time I checked, I didn't work for Samsung, nor did I get paid to test the quality of their workmanship or repairs.
3 people found this helpful