Reviewed in the United States on January 16, 2018
Great router when it works. The problem is that it would only work for a few hours at a time. First the iOS devices show "No Internet Connection" then the Windows devices follow suit. I registered the product with Netgear and sat through multiple gentlemen going through a script of how to repair my problem on multiple occasions only to have the same issue appear over and over.

If you reset it by unplugging it, the extender will work fine for a number of hours. The service people with whom I spoke could not seem to grasp that concept. So all the steps that we took which led to me eventually unplugging the device and resetting it had the same effect is just unplugging it without the unnecessary steps. I don't know if I have a bad unit, but if this continues for another day or so, it's going back. For this kind of nonsense, I might as well get a $30 unit. It will probably have the same problems, but be $150 cheaper.

Reading through these testimonials, I see a lot of people who gave it four and five stars do not seem to have a problem resetting it all the time. Folks, that means your device is not working properly.

I tried to work with the Netgear customer support, but they are the worst. They will have you reset this, or alter that, only to have you then plug it in again and voila it works! For about another 30 minutes to and hour, just as if you had unplugged it yourself. When you try to explain this to the nice folks in India, they have to go through their script...every time. I am not engaging in hyperbole when I say that I have spent more than 3 hours on the phone with India as they have me do the same things over and over again, in spite of me explaining until I am blue in the face that these steps will not work. The latest tactic of the representatives is just to put me on hold and forget about me.
418 people found this helpful