The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on January 17, 2017
Backups are not fast, but I will try replacing my network hub with a more modern switch. Hopefully the transfer speeds will improve.

Biggest downside is that UAS devices are currently not supported on a My Cloud PR2100 and PR4100. This means my Samsung 4TB portable hard drives cannot be connected directly to the PR2100 - I was hoping to dump all the data quickly onto the PR2100, but now I have to go through the LAN.

I do like the iPhone software that allows me to look up anything on the PR2100. This is very handy.

Update: I installed a new switch. WD Smartware remains very very slow. Others have reported the same issue when continuous backups are selected. I need to back up about 2 TB of files and the speed was around a few GBs per day. Thankfully I can easily drag and drop files onto the PR2100 very quickly - transfer speeds are excellent when you do that. I'll use different software to sync this up so I will have a functioning backup of my files.
2 people found this helpful