The manufacturer commented on the review belowMarch 22, 2018
Very disappointing experience. Returning the device after 15 days.

I spent 3 days setting it up and backing up 1.4 TB of my PC data. The level 2 technical support was very good for initial set up.
The problem started 10 days later, when the SmartWare softare stopped recognizing Ex4100 on the network.. The Level 2 support team uninstalled SmartWare software indicating it was no longer supported and installed a different version of SmartWare. This version could not recognize the 1.4 TB of backed up data any more. The Level 2 escalation team confirmed that that is how the software works.Wow ! So every time they sun-set a software or you end up unistall and reinstall the software as part of debugging, you will have to re-create the backup from scratch. The previous back up is unusable as you cannot restore automatically or take backups incrementally any more. For me, it meant manually coping 1.4 TB data.. or start from scratch and create a whole new back-up set which, was going to take another 24-30 hours if everything worked fine..

This was very disappointing after spending $1,000. I could have just spent $100 at Costco and bought a 2TB Seagate drive and manually copied my data. I hope there is a more robust and reliable system out there.
28 people found this helpful