August 10, 2019
When I started washing my own car I thought I knew what I wanted and it took a few tries to finally land on something. Long ago I used a chamois which I quickly learned wasn't the best tool due to scratching concerns. As I moved into towels I started with a huge "dry me a river" towel and that worked alright but I felt it didn't absorb enough. I went to a Platinum Pluffle 20x40 which I felt was almost the same. But after a while I noticed having a large towel was very unwieldy and often had edges touch surfaces I didn't intend to touch. Which as you should know, contaminates the towel and gets dirt on it which is again a scratching concern.

I ended up getting a normal 16x16 Platinum Pluffle and while I still feel like it could have a little bit better absorbing ability that may just be me. I love having a smaller towel so I no longer accidentally touch the group or the wheels when drying the car. I've found much better success in using a leaf blower to dry most of the car and now the towel doesn't leave as much streaks as before.

Update: 1/11/20
I've been using these pretty none stop and ordered more a few months ago. But after washing them they have started to lint pretty bad. Can't say I want to continue using them and am going to start looking for an alternative drying towel.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink