Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2018
Simply put, there are too many competitors that have met similar NSF and/or SGS standards that do not have the slow filtering issue.

The quality of the filters are obviously different from the originals. The originals in the pictures have a mesh at the bottom as well as, what I assume to be, air holes at the top. The newer filters do not have this. The newer filters do not last as long as the originals. Aquagear is relying on paid reviews and old reviews to sell their product. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

I sent a few questions regarding this to their customer service regarding this issue, and all they did was apologize and send me a new filter, which was still one of the new (worse) models. They completely disregarded my questions and I have yet to receive an answer. To some people, 1 new filter might sway them to change their review, but good costumer service and PR does not equate to a good product.

Both filters I received have slowed down significantly over only 2 weeks - after only around 9 gallons filtered. Flushing the filter with their included apparatus does not work as well as they claim. The flusher does not sit "flush" with the filter and will have water leak out the top no matter how low the pressure is of your water faucet. Both filters take roughly 36 hours to empty out the top reservoir. Using this filter pitcher has literally cut my daily 80 oz consumption of water (coffee and water) down to 40 oz. This is not an issue we should be dealing with, especially not at the price point Aquagear has set their filters at.

Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. Aquagear, in their current state, is not deserving of your time nor money.
175 people found this helpful