Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2019
Overall this was very easy to set up, and convenient. Creating accounts etc went well, and once I figured it out, I disabled RAID and I was able to actually use it, as if you only have one disk and try to use it right out of the box it will mysteriously not work. You need to manage the volumes and change the storage type.

My main issue was finding which software was the best to use, as there are about 20 under the Western Digital downloads page. I ended up using WD SmartWare as I wanted to make a full backup of a computer, but you might want to only sync certain files, which I don't think WD SmartWare would be ideal for.

EDIT: I said I ended up using WD SmartWare, but I actually meant to say that I ended up using FreeFileSync/GoodSync as WD SmartWare would not upload files over 50MB for some reason. Might have been my computer but your mileage may vary. I read things saying that enabling shadow copies in services should fix it, buy mine were enabled. FreeFileSync worked very well (and is free!) however, I had the least issues with it compared to any other payed option (GoodSync was a close second, but it kept getting hung up and I had to dig to make it not sync system files which was causing that, Acronis literally did not begin to sync after me pressing begin and leaving it running for 6+ hours)
3 people found this helpful