March 1, 2017
I love this tuner. It has a wonderful, vertical display and clever graphics that make tuning each string very quick and easy. Say your D string is a bit below pitch. You see displayed a blue bar just below the big "D." You begin tightening the string, and as soon as you reach pitch, wham, the "D" now has a blue bar above it as well, and a blue arrow appears on either side of it (see the Amazon photo).

The unit is very simple, having just an on-off button and a button on either side of it to calibrate the pitch above or below A 440. That makes it possible to synchronize it with band-mates' tuners.

I have just one little complaint. When I'm tuning the A string, the display will register as "E," but the blue bars and arrows work fine. That's the best you can hope for nowadays.

I have a gripe that I have to express. I grew up in a time when almost everything you bought new worked. But if you read the customer reviews on Amazon, just about everything made in China will get a one-star rating from a substantial percentage of customers who get duds. Their quality control is abysmal. They don't even hire someone to test the products to make sure they work before they leave the factory. Some customers even complain that they get their purchases with parts missing from the box. This is unacceptable and inexcusable.
7 people found this helpful