Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2014
No real substance here, pretty much like this review will be seen, lol. The first couple or even few of these books either included Jack Reacher obliquely or hinted of it more. This was just ... flat. More the fool me, now done with these fake-o's that I bought because, like most of us, we want more cowbe..., er, Jack Reacher.

For $1.99, I would have rated it OK, maybe even pushed it to I Like It. $3.99, not close. I'm sure I'll bungle the math here, but the four available Lee Child "Jack Reacher" short stories are all $1.99, and they were very good.

"Not a Drill", 44 pgs, 4.5 cents a page
"High Heat", 73 pgs, 2.7 cents a page
"Deep Down", 44 pgs, 4.5 cents a page
"Second Son", 40 pgs, 4.9 cents a page

I'd have paid $2.99 each (maybe, gasp $3.99) for Lee Child's efforts.

"Jack in the Green", this Diane Capri novella, at 90 pgs, is tough when you spend 4.4 cents a page.

Btw, I'm sure you've all heard that Tom Cruise is working on developing Jack Reacher movie #2 based on "Never Go Back" for a release date in 2016. Short or not, Tom Cruise fan or not, I am still a Jack Reacher fan and re-watching the 2012 Jack Reacher movie, as I just did, is better than reading this Diane Capri book.

Oh, if you want an excellent novella in a different genre:

Brandon Sanderson's The Emperor's Soul, 177 pgs, tightly written, stands alone outside series, $4.99 and 2.8 cents a pg.
33 people found this helpful