Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2020
Overall I am satisfied. You can set the manual feed button to serve 0 portions in the app, so you can disable that. My cats have not been able to break into the hopper (yet), so that’s good. However, when you move one around, a few kibbles pop out. One of my cats has figured this out and now spends a good amount of time every day trying to move it around. So that is definitely something to work on, but it’s not a major problem as it doesn’t seem they can really get that much food out and it’s a lot of work for them to do it.

Edit: After owning for a while now, I did have a problem with 1/3 cats moving the units around. I came up with the solution pictured—all you need is a piece of plywood and a router. Trace the outline of the unit then route a small indent slightly wider than the outline.

Another update: my cat has managed to break a tab off on the bowl, and now it does not stay in well. I am trying to get a replacement bowl from the company. Also, my plywood has not done a great job of keeping it in place—it worked for a while, but this devil cat quickly found a way to dislodge it. I have resorted to small gutter screws with plastic spacers to create small bumpers on either side. She has now defeated one of the bumpers so I am going to add more and see if it holds up.
4.0 out of 5 stars Overall very satisfied—just one small issue