November 8, 2017
I'm a long time owner of both the Echo Gen 1 & the Echo Dot Gen 2, and have been very happy with both. I pre-ordered the Echo Gen 2 and was excited to receive it. When I hooked it up and played some music thru it, and then told Alexa to stop, the music continued to play for a short burst. I do not have that problem with my Gen 1. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a new one without a hassle. When I hooked the replacement up, the same issue was there. On Nov 3rd I contacted the Amazon Echo department, and they advised me that there was a known issue with the music on the Gen 2, and it would be fixed by Nov 6th. Well, today is Nov 8th and nothing's changed, so regrettably I am returning my second Gen 2. I might add, after reading other reviews, I agree that the quality of the sound from the Gen 2 is, at best, worse than my Gen 1. Voices are muffled and music is not crisp. Amazon's claim of improved sound was my major reason for purchasing this 2nd generation device. It was indeed a disappointment.
929 people found this helpful