Reviewed in the United States on August 7, 2014
UPDATE: I bought another years ago. I used it for close-ups when the commentator spoke on camera at a distance. This 1 1/2 foot cord then went to a TR-40 digital recorder concealed in their coat.

I also used it when we did field interviews with a Shure 58 on a 10 foot cord. The cord took serious abuse. Dropped. Twisted. On the floor of trucks. Hanging on my shoulder as I ran with the camera and tripod.

It finally developed a crackling. Sometimes, when it is moved in some directions. However, considering the abuse, I do not fault the manufacturer. I ordered another to replace the slightly broken cord.

This is a good cord for the price -- however, it is not invulnerable.

THE PAST REVIEW -------------

A dancer received an opportunity to travel free to Estonia --- if she worked as a video camera operator for a dance festival.

A Canon XA10 video camera came with the assignment. But only a microphone with a 1/8th inch jack. The lower quality microphone negated the XLR features of the XA10.

I ordered an AKG 170 and a Monoprice 104749 1.5 foot XLR cable. A short cable is required --- the cable must wrap around the microphone to avoid snags moving through crowds, markets, forests.

The cable proved excellent. No rattles, no audio cracks, pure through-put of audio signal from the excellent AKG 170.

Demonstration of microphone and cable at:

Some wind noise. Didn't have time to make a windscreen for the AKG.
One person found this helpful
Report abuse Permalink