Reviewed in the United States on November 3, 2016
I am realizing just how much I took myself out of the game of life after our youngest daughter passed away about 3 years ago. She was almost 6 years old and I was 33. At 36 years young I felt one and a half decades older than my body. With the help of Gary's words, I realize that I am my hero and, ultimately, this is really good news for me. I was so busy waiting for things to get better that I wasn't in action about living a happy life despite the fact that my youngest is no longer physically in it. Certainly, I will always miss her, but I can experience joy, peace, passion, and excitement as well. I feel compelled to drive forward with a velocity that inspires me. I started singing again (in the car, around the house, even at my office)...I hadn't noticed that it was gone for 3 years until it showed up again. Many thanks for the opportunity this book gives me to take the bull by the horns and to be responsible for my present and future. I am so relieved! Seriously, that sounds so weird. Who would have thought that me being responsible would leave me feeling relief? ha! It's so true though. I feel like I am finally awake after an extended nap. Thanks for the wake up call, Gary John Bishop.
3,982 people found this helpful