June 21, 2005
09t 100% Industrial, and definitely not 100% Techno, this is an amazing recording. I have always loved NIN, early Front 242, Ministry, some Skinny Puppy, and a bit of Front Line Assembly, but THIS work takes the cake... amazing... I remember buying this when it was first released and expecting the same old Front 242 attack... wow, was I surprised.... female vocals for starters, but also a new sense of continuity and VERY cool synth/sample work... it will ALWAYS be one of my required listening CD's... Highlight: GenEcide... just listen to it.

UPDATE: More than 4 years later since my original review, and the song I most turn to now is "Serial Killers Don't Kill Their Girlfriend". I'm starting to think it is the best Front 242 song ever. Dark. Scary. Twisted. Jean-Luc De Meyer is still the main vocal focus. I still love "Genecide", but "SKDKTG" is sounding more and more as the quintessential Front 242 opus.

UPDATE: 11/04/09 The best songs on this CD are the Front 242 traditional song "Serial Killers Don't Kill Their Girlfriend" and the less traditional 242 song, "Genecide". Brilliant songs, brilliant CD. Wow... can I still call this a CD?

UPDATE: 05/12/12 Still amazing.

UPDATE: 04/29/14 Going to see Front 242 in Tampa, FL Sept. 25, 2014. My Birthday. Fitting. "Killers Don't Kill Their Girlfriend" and "Genecide" still make this essential.
3 people found this helpful