Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Return to the question
Question
Answer
Comments (4)
Hillbilly said on December 8, 2012   Report abuse
Thanks for your answer. Most everything I cook has 'fat'. I feel that the surface is well lubricated with the fat. If the plates are dry to begin grilling I coat them with residual fat from a previous grill. The erosion is occuring at the bottom of the grooves of the grill. The erosion is visible on about half of the grill.
©ooper said on December 8, 2012   Report abuse
Then I'd send an email to Cuisinart telling them how much you like the grill but how disappointed you are that the plates are failing prematurely even though you've cared for them meticulously. Maybe you'll reach someone who'll mail you some new plates.

You might add how all your other Cuisinart appliances (even if you don't have any) are performing well. And how you'd hate to buy a George Foreman grill if they can't help. Or how all the friends who you recommended the Griddler to aren't having the same problem. Or how you'd hate to lower your rating on your Amazon review.

It doesn't cost them much to keep a customer happy. If an email doesn't work, try calling them. You're bound to reach someone who'll want to treat you like they'd want to be treated.

And if they have a Facebook page, a comment mentioning your dissatisfaction often works. Nobody wants the public reading that they won't help.
Hillbilly said on December 8, 2012   Report abuse
Thanks Jas. I will do just that. The erosion is at the bottom of the grooves on the grill; I am betting the surface at the bottom of the groove was not properly coated.
©ooper said on December 8, 2012   Report abuse
It's more than a month old, right? Under thirty days amazon will exchange it .
‹ Previous   1   Next ›