Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Return to the question
Question
Answer
Comments (3)
RailroadGuy said on November 22, 2012   Report abuse
Many Thanks!
N. J. Simicich said on December 27, 2012   Report abuse
some services, old BellSouth for example, do pppoe to provide your service rather than to allowed users to traverse the net. you have to log in to pppoe to get a connection at all. people with routers and pppoe service like to offload the pppoe issue to their router. at one point, BellSouth required that you use an app on your Windows machine to connect to pppoe and this app would turn off routing on your machine if you had not paid for multiple client service. but if your one machine was a Linux box, the tech would reveal to you that you could just use pppoe standard clients on Linux, and then people started using the Linux instructions to sneak routers in. Part of the pppoe security was that they checked your Mac address on the pppoe connection, but most routers Will present any Mac entered.
David Hostetler said on December 28, 2012   Report abuse
Yeah, just clone the MAC address, and configure your PPoE and it should be fine. But I can not attest to that personally, I am on Comcast and PPoE is typically for DSL users... It should however work fine. The support is there in the firmware, I don't see why it wouldn't...
‹ Previous   1   Next ›