Learn about setting up Fire TV Stick, including how to connect the device to your TV, and pair the remote.
Here's what you need to set up your Fire TV Stick:
Follow these steps to set up your Fire TV Stick:
1. Connect the power adapter - Plug the small end of the USB power cord into the Micro-USB port on your Fire TV Stick, and the other end into the power adapter. Then, plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
Note: We recommend that you use the included power adapter when setting up your device. Although some TVs have powered USB ports, there may not be enough power for Fire TV Stick to work properly. Do not connect Fire TV Stick through an unpowered HDMI hub or switch, as this can affect the device's performance.
2. Connect to your TV - Plug your Fire TV Stick into an available HDMI port on your TV. We recommend using the included HDMI extender or adapter to make sure that your Fire TV Stick fits securely into your TV.
3. Select the input channel for your Fire TV Stick - Turn on your TV and select the HDMI input channel for the port you used to connect your Fire TV Stick. A loading screen appears with the Fire TV Stick logo.
4. Set up your remote - Insert the included batteries into your remote:
5. Pair your remote - After you insert the batteries, your remote automatically pairs with your Fire TV Stick. If your remote doesn't pair right away, press and hold the Home button for up to 10 sections to send it to "discovery mode" so you can complete the pairing process.
6. Connect to the internet - Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Fire TV Stick to the internet, via a Wi-Fi connection. For more information, go to Set Up Your Wi-Fi Connection.
7. Register your device - Follow the on-screen instructions to register your Fire TV Stick to your Amazon account. To learn more, go to Register or Deregister Your Amazon Fire TV.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please select what best describes the information:
Thanks! While we're unable to respond directly to your feedback, we'll use this information to improve our online Help.