Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
‹ Back to Kindle Help Community

Kindle Fire

4 replies Sort by

By Hilda Grant, 18-Aug-2012 01:56 America/Los_Angeles Permalink Report abuse

After transferring an MP4 format movie from my PC to Kindle fire the Kindle Fire does not reconise it, Why?

Thank you.

By Bruce *Kindle Kurmudgeon*, 18-Aug-2012 07:52 America/Los_Angeles Permalink Report abuse

Movies you copy from other sources won't show on the Video tab. You have to go to the Apps tab, open the Gallery App, and you'll find the video there and should be able to play it if it is formatted properly.

Did this help answer the question? Please try again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Hilda Grant, 21-Aug-2012 03:04 America/Los_Angeles Permalink Report abuse

Thanks for the info, but MP4 movies will still not play, a friend has the same problem, any other advice?

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Bruce *Kindle Kurmudgeon*, 21-Aug-2012 06:00 America/Los_Angeles Permalink Report abuse

In reply to Hilda Grant

21-Aug-2012 03:04 America/Los_Angeles

Thanks for the info, but MP4 movies will still not play, a friend has the same problem, any other advice?

Where are these movies coming from? It's possible they're not formatted for the Fire, or that they are encrypted. The MP4 format still allows a lot of variation. What kind of message do you get when you try to play them?

Thank you.

Thank you.

By Hilda Grant, 24-Aug-2012 01:30 America/Los_Angeles Permalink Report abuse

I have removed the movies from my Kindle and reloaded them and now they play fine, my friend has done the same with the same result.

Thank you.

Thank you.

If you find this content inappropriate and think it should be removed from the Amazon.com site, let us know by clicking the button below. This will be sent to Amazon.com, and we will take appropriate action.
Thank you for your feedback.
There was an error with your request. Please try again.
Answer this question

This question

Total replies 4
Initial question 18-Aug-2012 01:56 America/Los_Angeles
Latest reply 24-Aug-2012 01:30 America/Los_Angeles
Please try again.