BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pick of the week Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

on May 11, 2009
My oldest son used this book in his 9th grade honors history class. At the time I thought that was odd, to have an honors student coloring. However, with all the budget cuts with schools, they have dropped History for 9th graders, which means no more Geography in high school. I have 2 daughters that are home schooled in 8th grade and I ordered this book so they could learn where the countries are. My son, that used this book, really knows his Geography well. I have just started with my girls on this book and it's awesome. They are learning countries they have never heard of, along with knowing where the countries are that they have heard of. It's very helpful to color the names of the country, then outline it, color it in, and read about it. I highly recommend this book. I am really enjoying learning the countries as well. There are plenty of places that I have heard of but can't quite place where they are exactly and this book is a fun way to figure that out.
on January 31, 2016
This book is fabulous and finally challenging my child! The coloring is great but there's so much extra information in the book. I can actually see reusing it again in a year or two as a refresher. We had gone over map skills so many times but this is such a different approach. The pages copy fairly well. She is elementary age and so I do end up assisting her more than other books, but she was flying through even middle school level books before. This is definitely slowing her down and challenging her, but even as an adult I am learning new things. I might start having to copy some pages for me too!

I did NOT receive this product at discount.
on May 12, 2016
If you don't know where you are in life this geography coloring book might help you figure it out- the pictures aren't as intricate as some other books, but if you're interested in the topic as I am- go ahead. You can learn and exercise your fingers at the same time.
on July 7, 2015
Maps were too close to the binding making it difficult to see and color the entire page. Print was very small.
on December 1, 2009
I took a geography course about a year ago at Florida State University that required this book. The class and professor were very challenging (especially for an entry level course), and this book really helped me visually place my thoughts. I guess it also helps that I enjoy coloring and find it to be a stress-reliever in college. I think being able to color in the maps at your own preference, but still with the great organization that the book lays it out in for the reader really makes this book an excellent choice for anyone trying to better understand geography of all sorts.
on January 19, 2016
Great base to start exploring geography! It is essential to be an "active learner" and supplement with other resources, or look up more info on-line while exploring this book - makes it a great guide. For example, add supplemental quizzes after the initial section on countries of Europe, or look up additional facts about the difference between a cay/key, bay, sound and gulf. Curious learners will find this an excellent resource to realize how fuzzy their geographical picture of certain areas are and start to really make their knowledge of each area more complete.
on July 28, 2015
Learning Geography by coloring is a novel idea. I got this book to review what I learned in Junior High. (I am 63 now). It has sparked my interest in Geography and has made me a geographer! It has inspired me to write short papers on geographical topics, like what are the facts about Timbuktu, what is Oceania, and what are the runes? Get this book. The coloring is fun--at whatever age--and Geography is exciting. We have an amazing world.
on October 2, 2013
I used this coloring book for my son when I homeschooled him. It was a good and fun way to learn geography (even though coloring wasn't exactly his favorite thing). I'm smiling while I write this! We've long since finished with homeschooling (he is now 26!) but I ordered this copy for myself! It's been a nice way for me to refresh my memory. Coloring is a way that I distract myself from troublesome anxiety attacks. I do Zentangles and they are very calming. I just thought that I could "learn" something while relaxing. This was especially timely as I began to notice that I was stumped on some "simple" geography questions on Jeopardy. (more smiling). There are plenty of wonderful reviews outlining the details of this marvelous tool for learning geography, for students, but I thought I would simply add that adults wanting a refresher course might also enjoy using it. Of course, it is geared toward those who enjoy coloring of any kind (goes without saying, I suppose). Colored pencils, I find, are the best medium to use in this application.
on June 7, 2016
Best required reading material I've ever been assigned. I thought it was funny that a coloring book was required for my geography class, at least until I actually looked through it. This book is loaded with useful information, maps that offer real insight into our world, and it's also super fun to color those maps. Whether you're required to complete this coloring book or not, I'd recommend it.
on November 23, 2014
Love. This was my homeschooler's favorite workbook. Very informative, & engaging w/ the combined art instructions at the same time- great combination of learning & fun. Versatile for multiple grades- he was able to use it for both years of middle school (he skipped 8th grade), & thoroughly enjoyed it both years.