Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Financial Accounting: Information for Decisions
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 10, 2012
This is a great textbook. However you must be careful when buying it because it does not have the access code for McGraw-Hill's Connect. If you were to buy the access code separately from McGraw-Hill it will cost you around $70.
on August 18, 2000
I read this book as a part of my Accounting class in my Masters program. The book has a very systematic approach to teach the basic accounting principles. It has very nice real world examples at the beginning of each chapter. The chapters are in a very orderly manner. I did not have an accounting background at all. But the book taught things in a way that everything made sense chapter after chapter. Each chapter conveyed ideas that were basis for the subsequent chapters. The organization of the book is one of the best among the text books I have read. Every chapter has a demonstration problem that covers main concepts in that chapter. In addition to that there are quick check questions within the chapter which helps you to stop and recollect whatever you learnt till different points in a chapter. Reading this book is never tiresome because of this. Also there are problems in each chapter that if worked out properly will provide a very thorough knowledge of key concepts. As a whole, I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to start start learning Accounting. There are very minor errors in the answers given to some problems. But the way concepts are presented is very crisp and clear.
on October 2, 2008
If you're a student taking an accounting class that requires the 4th edition, beware of ISBN 978-0071101196. It's an international edition of this book and dastardly enough contains slight variations to the examples and exercises to the point that you'll be completely confused.

Now I'm stuck paying full price at the student bookstore because I can't wait for another shipment :(
on December 21, 2014
This is the typically boring accounting textbook but I found the problems at the end of each chapter were different, but similar enough to those in the test bank, to be helpful when studying for exams.
on February 3, 2013
I purchased this as a reference book for a current accounting class because it had been many years since I'd taken basic accounting. The book is set up well so that I had no problem locating subjects I needed. It also has many helpful items listed on the inside of the front and back covers.
on November 6, 2012
Aside from the price (Cheapest that I could find that was in New condition WITH ConnectPlus), the book is really useful in showing you how to do things step-by-step (Very useful if you have a bad professor)
on January 23, 2013
I ordered this book because it's required for one of my college courses. I received it super fast and in perfect condition. I paid over $60 LESS through Amazon for a NEW one compared to buying it USED through the college bookstore. I couldn't be happier! Just so everyone knows, this book does not come with Connect, but you can order it through McGraw-Hill for $49.99. You're still saving lots of money purchasing it this way than getting a used book and still having to buy the Connect. I would definitely recommend purchasing this book!
on August 27, 2013
The 4th, 5th and 6th edition have exactly the same text. The problems at the end of the chapter are different from one addition to another. If you professor assigns homework from a different source (such as on-line homework) then the older edition will save you big bucks.
on January 24, 2016
I bought it used. Mine had some damage nothing to serious. No markings inside it so far. If you can pick it up used & cheap its MUCH better than renting it for less. I believe you will be going back to this for reference after college.
on May 30, 2014
The pages keep tearing and when I received the book the first 2 chapters and the last chapter were in the pockets of the 3 ring binder!! I had to go buy a new 3 ring binder just so the pages would stay in order. I should have spent the extra money and got a regular book. I will never buy a loose leaf book again!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse