Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Student Study Guide to accompany Principles of Auditing and Other Assurance Services
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on May 18, 2004
During the 16 years that I have taught Financial Auditing at the university level I have been constantly on the lookout for the best available book. I chose Whittington & Pany because (1) it is succinct, (2) it presents auditing concepts clearly (although the authors do sugar coat the accounting scandals of the past 20 years and fail to give credit where credit is due by naming the firms involved in them), (3) the page layout is attractive and easy to read, and most importantly (4) my students preferred it over other texts (one student told me that she chose my class after looking through the assigned texts for all of the Auditing sections, an excellent idea).

The current (15th ed.) has been brought up to date with a limited discussion of Sarbanes-Oxley and the PCAOB.

The material is obviously dry, but I found that it was possible to make my classes more interesting by incorporating newspaper accounts of the more egregious audit failures in the assigned readings, and by being honest about the arrogance, greed and stupidity that are all too typical of the accounting profession today. This practice has brought complaints by the local offices of the major firms, to which my department head replied that they are welcome to come speak to the classes to explain their side of the story. To date, they have not accepted the invitation.
on March 28, 2016
I just noticed the study guide had 2 (6&7) chapters of the answers ripped out. How can you tell something for $130 and it's incomplete. Any replacement of the answers to these 2 chapters?
on December 25, 2012
Very well written. Easy to follow. The book had a lot of good points. I really enjoyed reading and learning the material as it was presented in class the same way it was written.
on March 1, 2013
I mainly bought this book for reference since I had only rented my college books and now doing the forensics class, this provides me with good reference for the auditing class.
on March 20, 2013
This book was purchase for a great price, and it is in excellent condition! the owner took great care of the book and the CD is encluded.
on March 12, 2014
It helps me to get better understanding of audit principles classes, each chapter is resumed in an easy to understand way# nice # Like
on March 23, 2013
I ordered it for the AUDIT class. It is an old addition, but I mostly used it for cutting out tables that I could have them handy.
on April 25, 2015
Over one month and I do not have the product as promised.
on September 7, 2015
Great!!!!
on January 31, 2010
The book was shipped right away. I received it in few days....FAST SHIPPING. The book is in condition. Good seller.