Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 438 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 497 reviews
on December 30, 2014
The price of the book is outrageous! the previous edition has the exact same material and its only 40 bucks. Don't pay $200 dollars for a book with a few more pages and few more pictures. There is hardly any difference! BUY THE OLD EDITION!
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2016
Don't shell out the money for the 7th edition. I got the 6th edition used for $19 and when I compared it to the newer one, I saw no real differences in the text. My professor for A&P 1 didn't require the access code, but my professor for A&P 2 did so I just bought it separately from the publisher ($125). I still saved a lot of money overall rather than if I had bought the 7th edition new bundled with the access code, which sells for around $200-300. So 5 stars for low price and good seller.

I took 2 stars off for the contents of the textbook itself. I had another textbook from a previous class (it was a standalone anatomy class, and not the combined anatomy and physiology) - Human Anatomy, 8th edition by Martini. Martini's book blows Saladin's book out of the water with its beautiful and clear illustrations and diagrams. I found myself constantly using Martini's textbook when I was studying to get a full understanding of anatomy. It offers different views of structures and is extremely detailed, and as a visual learner, I really appreciated that because it constantly helped me see anatomy in the body as a whole and how every system was connected and working together - not as individual pieces which parts needed to be memorized, as Saladin's textbook teaches it. I only wish Martini's textbook included physiology as well, then I could've relied solely on that book. Saladin's textbook is fine when it comes to physiology (though it could use more diagrams). I just wish it would explain concepts more thoroughly.

Overall, it's hard to learn anatomy from Saladin's textbook, and if I didn't have Martini's textbook as a backup I would've been in for a major headache. When it comes to physiology, it does the job, but as a visual learner, I could've used more diagrams and figures that displayed the concepts it was trying to explain. I supplemented this with the book A Visual Guide to Human Anatomy and Physiology by Krieger and it helped me a lot, so I very much recommend it to other visual learners, or even non-visual learners since it has some cool study tricks in it, such as remembering how many vertebrae are in the main 3 sections of the spinal column by thinking of them as meal times - 7 for cervical (breakfast time), 12 for thoracic (lunch), and 5 for lumbar (dinner). And of course, I also recommend Martini's textbook (if you can find a cheap copy of it), Kaplan's anatomy flash cards, and the Anatomy and Physiology for Dummies Workbook (to prepare for tests). These four additional resources helped me pass both semesters of A&P with A's, but if I only had this textbook to rely on, I would've definitely not done as well. Use if required for your class, but if you're self-studying or you have the opportunity to pick a textbook to utilize, chose something different.
on January 28, 2017
The book itself is fine, but I strongly recommend against buying or renting it from Amazon. You will not get the Connect access code with the book, which means you will not be able to do coursework for any professor that uses Connect unless you pay for it twice. Also, the book does not support text-to-speech on Kindle, or VoiceOver in the kindle app.
on July 11, 2015
This book has great illustrations and explains concepts in a way almost anyone can understand them. This book got me through AP I and II. My AP II class wanted me to use the newer version of this text book, but I was going to shell out another $100. My classmates sometimes asked to look at mine because it explained things better than the newer version.
on January 13, 2016
I took an Anatomy and Physiology course in school, in preparation for a dissonance into the respiratory therapy program at my school. This book was actually the previous edition of the book being offered in my school's bookstore. Being that I am a full time student and work part time, it was not financially feasible for me to purchase the $2xx textbook in the store. My instructor informed us in class that we could use the previous edition, as the only differences were a few pictures had been added or colored, and the pages might be a little off, so we'd have to pay really close attention to them when completing assignments. This book was everything I needed it to be, and at a yenthusiasm of the price, it worked out well for me. It is written in a format that makes it easy to understand and the pictures are very vivid. I particularly enjoyed the colored illustration of all the bones in the skull. This one is part of my library, not being sold!
on September 22, 2015
Book does NOT come with an access code. Just rent the book for $40 and save $200. If you need the code it is another $152. It is ridiculous to pay that much for a book without an access code..
on August 22, 2016
Difficult subject, but so well written and decent graphics throughout. I bought a used physical copy through one of the sellers here in addition to the ebook + Connect I had to purchase through the publisher. I was so grateful to have a physical copy as well. It was only about $30 and I used it more than I did Connect. I only used the ebook + Connect access for the newest edition (included a few paragraphs that aren't in this edition) and to complete my assignments.
on November 16, 2015
Not only did I religiously use this textbook for my A&P course, but it's been invaluable for helping my sister and I with medical and nursing school. I usually don't write textbook reviews, but this book is well deserving of 5 stars and some positive words. Information is arranged logically and concisely, so the book is a great reference if you need to brush up on foundation material for anatomy or physiology before you delve deeper into mechanisms. Also a great resource if you're studying for healthcare school entrance exams, like the MCAT or HESI.
on February 21, 2017
The textbook is great and illustrative but the loose leaf version is terrible. The pages themselves are flimsy, stick together, and you have to turn them ever so gently so the holes don't rip out. You'd do better getting hardback in an older edition.
on May 28, 2017
Working my way through as a self study and thus far, the books works fine for that purpose. Is there some things missing from the updated copies? Perhaps. But for the price, I don't think the human body has changed enough to justify the extra funds required to purchase the latest copy so this has and will continue to work in the manner required.