Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on May 6, 2012
I have read numerous times that heat and mass transfer is a breaking point for many mechanical engineering students. This textbook is really helpful in getting through the course. The most important thing you can do is actually read the chapters in full. The problems rarely ever go outside the scope of what was covered directly in the chapter. The chapters are broken up nicely into the basic fundamentals first, and then different common applications are reviewed. The emphasis is always on applications and physical intuition, which make this book really good for engineering students who are a bit less interested in mathematical derivation. Excellent book for engineers, not so much for physicists!
on September 29, 2015
Text arrived in great condition (like new). However, this is the (SI Unit) edition only. If you have open book exams you might need the (English unit) tables in the back. Other than that, everything is good. Well worthed book for the price. Shipping time isn't the best but will do.
on April 1, 2013
I'm a graduate student in mechanical engineering and I decided to buy this book because it is for Cengel !
When I was an undergrad I used Incropera's book. I learned alot from it. But it was a little bit difficult for me and I wanted to see what Cengel has to offer in this book because his thermodynamics book was amazing.
I did not go through the whole book yet but the first chapters seemed easy and alot similar to Incropera's
I realy advice any mechanical engineering student to take advantage of Cengsl books they are great and easy to understand.
on January 28, 2015
My university has been using many books written by Cengel, the books that I have used with Cengel as author have been very good, of course they're some areas that could be improved on or added but overall the books he writes do an excellent job.

FYI It might be the one I purchased but this book is the SI version (which I actually wanted) and has a black border on the bottom stating For sale in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Bhutan.
on June 11, 2014
5 stars for the book. -4 stars for the quality control.

I got the book for a class and it was great. Until I got to chapter 5 and found that about 40 pages were missing. Nothing was wrong with the binding and you couldn't tell anything was amiss when the book was closed - it just skipped from page 254 to 304 (I don't remember exactly which pages). By the time we had reached that point in the book it was too late to return it and amazon didn't answer any emails about it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
This book seems thorough and well written. Hoping it continues to be that way as I get through it. The class is relying heavily on it.

Update: This book had good examples and made it possible for me to ignore my teacher and still get a good grade. That in itself says something. If you aren't buying for a class and just for a read, I would still recommend it.
on March 3, 2016
J. P. Holman's book is much better but then again you're probably buying this book because it's the book your professor chose so you don't really have a choice.
on January 26, 2015
Purchased for Heat Transfer class.

Was cheaper than the 5th addition. I like Cengel's books. It's a decent read.

Cons: Cannot completely trust answers to some of these problems. I feel they may be wrong.
on November 23, 2013
This book is awesome! I'm a huge fan of Cengel's series. Explanations are mostly pretty clear, and the examples are easy to understand and relevant. Problems for each chapter are very helpful study tools. This is a tough course but I'm loving it and it's extremely interesting.
on January 28, 2013
This book was required for my heat transfer course. I really like the way the book approached the concepts and fundamentals of the subject. It offered both a look into the theoretical concept and the practical applications, with plenty of examples throughout.