Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 14, 2016
Don't shell out the money for the 7th edition. I got the 6th edition used for $19 and when I compared it to the newer one, I saw no real differences in the text. My professor for A&P 1 didn't require the access code, but my professor for A&P 2 did so I just bought it separately from the publisher ($125). I still saved a lot of money overall rather than if I had bought the 7th edition new bundled with the access code, which sells for around $200-300. So 5 stars for low price and good seller.

I took 2 stars off for the contents of the textbook itself. I had another textbook from a previous class (it was a standalone anatomy class, and not the combined anatomy and physiology) - Human Anatomy, 8th edition by Martini. Martini's book blows Saladin's book out of the water with its beautiful and clear illustrations and diagrams. I found myself constantly using Martini's textbook when I was studying to get a full understanding of anatomy. It offers different views of structures and is extremely detailed, and as a visual learner, I really appreciated that because it constantly helped me see anatomy in the body as a whole and how every system was connected and working together - not as individual pieces which parts needed to be memorized, as Saladin's textbook teaches it. I only wish Martini's textbook included physiology as well, then I could've relied solely on that book. Saladin's textbook is fine when it comes to physiology (though it could use more diagrams). I just wish it would explain concepts more thoroughly.

Overall, it's hard to learn anatomy from Saladin's textbook, and if I didn't have Martini's textbook as a backup I would've been in for a major headache. When it comes to physiology, it does the job, but as a visual learner, I could've used more diagrams and figures that displayed the concepts it was trying to explain. I supplemented this with the book A Visual Guide to Human Anatomy and Physiology by Krieger and it helped me a lot, so I very much recommend it to other visual learners, or even non-visual learners since it has some cool study tricks in it, such as remembering how many vertebrae are in the main 3 sections of the spinal column by thinking of them as meal times - 7 for cervical (breakfast time), 12 for thoracic (lunch), and 5 for lumbar (dinner). And of course, I also recommend Martini's textbook (if you can find a cheap copy of it), Kaplan's anatomy flash cards, and the Anatomy and Physiology for Dummies Workbook (to prepare for tests). These four additional resources helped me pass both semesters of A&P with A's, but if I only had this textbook to rely on, I would've definitely not done as well. Use if required for your class, but if you're self-studying or you have the opportunity to pick a textbook to utilize, chose something different.
14 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2014
The price of the book is outrageous! the previous edition has the exact same material and its only 40 bucks. Don't pay $200 dollars for a book with a few more pages and few more pictures. There is hardly any difference! BUY THE OLD EDITION!
55 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on April 7, 2015
Ordered this book with access card, and the card was invalid, I had to purchase a new access card for another 100 bucks. There is another version to rent with out an access card that is much cheaper. Dont waste your $$ on this one
12 people found this helpful
on January 17, 2012
Please note this is a very helpful book. However many Professors use the Connect feature listed on the inside cover. Many School bookstores include this access in their prices. Please bear this in mind prior to your purchase here because Amazon does not provide this access in the cover price of the book and you must then purchase it online for an additional cost of around $57-$100 as of 1/17/12
101 people found this helpful
on January 6, 2016
The book itself is fine. The spine is ripped at the top, but definitely still usable.

The reason I gave it 2 stars is because it is advertised as A&P WITH a connect card, but mine came with a code that has already been redeemed. An access card is $150 so I would have saved money buying a used textbook (because I will need it for two semesters).

It is $30 more to rent advertised with the access code. What you're really paying for with that extra $30 (based on other reviews) is the possibility of a connect card. Not a happy customer. I will be returning and purchasing a used one that will save money in the long run.
6 people found this helpful
on January 13, 2016
I took an Anatomy and Physiology course in school, in preparation for a dissonance into the respiratory therapy program at my school. This book was actually the previous edition of the book being offered in my school's bookstore. Being that I am a full time student and work part time, it was not financially feasible for me to purchase the $2xx textbook in the store. My instructor informed us in class that we could use the previous edition, as the only differences were a few pictures had been added or colored, and the pages might be a little off, so we'd have to pay really close attention to them when completing assignments. This book was everything I needed it to be, and at a yenthusiasm of the price, it worked out well for me. It is written in a format that makes it easy to understand and the pictures are very vivid. I particularly enjoyed the colored illustration of all the bones in the skull. This one is part of my library, not being sold!
2 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2015
This book has great illustrations and explains concepts in a way almost anyone can understand them. This book got me through AP I and II. My AP II class wanted me to use the newer version of this text book, but I was going to shell out another $100. My classmates sometimes asked to look at mine because it explained things better than the newer version.
5 people found this helpful
on January 28, 2017
The book itself is fine, but I strongly recommend against buying or renting it from Amazon. You will not get the Connect access code with the book, which means you will not be able to do coursework for any professor that uses Connect unless you pay for it twice. Also, the book does not support text-to-speech on Kindle, or VoiceOver in the kindle app.
3 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2015
It didn't come with my Connect Plus access code.
13 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Not only did I religiously use this textbook for my A&P course, but it's been invaluable for helping my sister and I with medical and nursing school. I usually don't write textbook reviews, but this book is well deserving of 5 stars and some positive words. Information is arranged logically and concisely, so the book is a great reference if you need to brush up on foundation material for anatomy or physiology before you delve deeper into mechanisms. Also a great resource if you're studying for healthcare school entrance exams, like the MCAT or HESI.
One person found this helpful